Yesterday’s theme, Flicktionary, was (cliché alert) a roaring success. I asked you provide a picture as a clue to the name of a film, and I think we all had a spiffing time, didn’t we playmates? Here are all 65 entries (with my occasional comments in italics) – your task, should you choose to accept it, is to list as many correct film titles as you can. There’s a small prize* for the person who gets the most right, and also for the #SUNDAYPIC that I think is the cleverest. There will also be kudos awards in several categories, a sort of Wombat’s version of the Oscars, so watch this blog for info about the Woscars Award Ceremony (sponsored by Comic Sans) coming soon.
You can either DM me your list of answers over several tweets (ask me for a follow if I’m not already), or – probably easier – email them to me by CLICKING HERE. You’ve got at least until the weekend.
* And don’t get too excited, the prizes will just be some old shyte that I have lying around at Wombat Towers that the Charity Shop rejected.
1. @davetreadwell “some people will get it instantly but the rest will point out October has 31 days” This one had me scratching my head early, and I’m still scratching it. Must get a nit comb.
2. @craigfunkulus “I did two #SUNDAYPICS . The realism frightens even myself” Tried putting this on it’s side to see if it looked like boobs, but it doesn’t. You just tilted your head a little, didn’t you?
3. @craigfunkulus “Again, I thought I was actually watching the film this was so real” Is this “Caterpillar Rider”?
4. @xkylet “I’m not in right now, please leave a message & I’ll get back to you. Oh, here’s my flicktionary entry” Quarter past six in the morning and you were out? Crikey.
5. @macjude “I’ve done a whole cartoon strip on my drawing app” Interesting story arc – that character’s going on a journey.
6. @crofty “This is a cheat – the film isn’t out yet, but I couldn’t resist” There was an animated version of this some years ago.
7. @crofty “Here’s a real film this time” Bit dark – you might need to look at the bigger picture, folks.
8. @white76 Shona’s gone all quiet – not like her at all!
9. @white76 Shona! Shona! Speak to me, Shona! Try sucking on a Fisherman’s Friend!
10. @oldmotherriley “A brief contribution to #sundaypics Flicktionary. With a clue” My favourite film, so of course I got this one
11. @ericafairs “Flicktionary – here’s my effort. This one’s pretty easy I think.” You’ll probably have to look at the bigger photo, but the atlas is open at The Netherlands.
12. @scullyscully “Flicktionary (oops. Gordon wasn’t very happy. He doesn’t really understand the importance of #sundaypics)” Gordon is SO going to poop behind the settee after this.
13. @captain_doodle “OK, here we go… Flicktionary no.1” Say what you see, people, say what you see.
14. @captain_doodle “And another… warning mildly erotic doodle Flicktionary no.2” Is it “Free Willy”?
15. @captain_doodle “Ah, g’wan, one more… Flicktionary no.3” Such artistic talent the man has….
16. @talojo “My sad flicktionary effort – don’t laugh… ok you can laugh, it is a comedy after all” It’s not sad, cos I can’t get it!
17. @jofilm “Here is my sad effort” See, most people thought that their entry was easy, simply because they knew what it was. The rest of us often didn’t find them so.
18. @underbundle “Confusion on Ghibli Drive” Oh yes, THIS is my favourite film as well as that other one.
19. @crofty “This one just popped in my head. I drew it on the wallpaper with the pencil I lost earlier” You drew on the wallpaper? Uh-oh, Crofty’s in the doodoo!
20. @greythorne “Here’s my film title for #sundaypics – Idea n photograph by me, Photoshop help and Tesco visit by @oblongpictures” I prefer Lurpak myself. And Primula.
21. @bols “Guess the film!” Bossy, isn’t she? I guess “Carry On Matron”
22. @white76 “Another one but mike did this one” Shona, you’ve got your voice back! Hurray for the miracle that is the Fisherman’s Friend. (other weird tasting sucky sweets are available)
23. @heidivodka “This is my first go for the flicktionary” Wow. Stonking photo. Actually, is there a film called “Stonking Photo”? Cos it’d be that.
24. @heidivodka “Second installment” I DO hope these aren’t some odd sex toys that I, as an innocent chap, know nothing about. I’ll be in trouble for the stiffy and boobs pics already.
25. @sarahpez “Nice and simple” I must be, cos I have no idea what film this is.
26. @matt_cochr “This took hours. Not really. Looking at the #SUNDAYPICS topic might help non-Sundaypics people make sense of that” You weren’t channelling Michelle Green in that awful ad, were you?
27. @mayanorange “Pathetically easy… I’ll do a harder one in a bit” Again with the ‘it’s so easy’ which is irritating cos I CAN’T GET IT!
28. @TiggerLlily Is that one of those peggy put together pics which you can iron so they don’t fall apart? Cos they’re cool.
29. @ariadnes_web “Here’s my effort!” By gum, you’re a proper artist and stuff.
30. @hebbie “Musical film” Doesn’t make me want to sing
31. @RHSFB12 I’ll just bet this is a porn film about boners or summat.
32. @matt_cochr “Doing another #SUNDAYPICS to avoid the continuing wrath of @alezed” Oh, but I’ll bet she’s magnificent in her wrath!
33. @ironthighs “My Flicktionary effort” He looks like he’s stuck to your sauna wall. You do have a sauna, don’t you?
34. @heidivodka “3rd instalment” This one is pretty complicated, and definitely needs looking at bigger.
35. @susiewoosi78 “Do you know what it is yet?” No, I don’t! I’m so dim.
36. @shelley279 “Not mrs doodle for nothin’” If you wouldn’t marry him for nothing, how much did he have to pay you?
37. @shelley279 “Oh… And another one…” Awesome CGI!
38. @mannymunkeh “I though a monkey film was too obv dudes, so got some help for a different one” Is that a nice cup of tea you’ve got there? PG Tips?
39. @ameadey “Here’s my #sundaypics it’s a tv programme” In fact a book, film, TV programme twice…
40. @island252 “Here’s my film title..it’s my Rasta cat Ja heading for some sledding” Funny looking litter tray you have there.
41. @hollylightly “Here’s my #sundaypics… I understand which film it is…lol” But will anyone else?
42. Ellie via @ameadey This. Is. Brilliant! Now, which Frankenstein film is it, I wonder.
43. @alliterative “Here’s my Flicktionary sundaypics — Can you guess the film?” You appear to be crossing a wasp with a bat – are you sure that’s scientifically ethical? Or physically possible?
44. @bols “’Doodlebuddy’ is a v handy iPhone app! Guess the film – graffiti edition!” Is it “Dead Like Me?”
45. @sjnewton “Well, this one should be a pretty easy flicktionary for everybody” Oh yeah, even *I* got this one. It’s that David Niven thingy… what do you mean “No”?
46. @macjude “Easier!” No it’s not! Why is that battleship called HMS Cadbury?
47. @lizardsimpkins “My #sundaypics entry. Name that film” Erm… it’s the never to be forgotten “Conkfox Chirpybot”
48. @keithy73 Bloody council tax. Bastards.
49. @hastillonlyme “Here’s a simple one” Yes, and it’s me
50. @little_mavis “Not a lot of time to prep so here is my #sundaypics” She’s so GORGEOUS!
51. @davetreadwell “Another #sundaypics #flicktionary for you all!” You enjoyed this, didn’t you Dave?
52. @lilianlouvaine “Quite an easy one, I think” Interesting study in contrasting textures.
53. @BvO79 “Warning – contains scenes of an adult nature I got told off for drawing them” Norks!
54. @toffeegirluk “Would love to be able to draw properly!!” Springy duck!
55. @fbishwife “A nice obvious one it’s been a hectic day” Ooh, I right fancy some Horlicks now.
56. @davetreadwell Oh I’ve JUST this second got this one! At least, I think I have. Very clever.
57. @gib46 “Dudes, bin struggling with my #sundaypics today, here’s my film, bet u get it easily” “Monopoly Hotel”?
58. @bols “One more shot” This is that porn film – “My Burning Helmet”.
59. @aprecious “It’s very, very easy. Apologies for last minute effort. The dog ate my homework” Zoom in, people, so you don’t miss the detail.
60. @ameadey To be fair, Audrey rejected this, but I grabbed it out of her bin while I was round there stalking one night.
61. @skydivemacca “Really basic one for this weeks #SUNDAYPICS – this is my fave film of all time, Shirley” There is no comment I can make that won’t give this away.
62. @widget53 “A late contender” Look at the beauty in this photograph! Want!
63. @jamerz3294 “Background is the back of a quilt Barb made for my B’Day” “The Quilter Memorandum”?
64. @jamerz3294 “Second one” Is the curly straw relevant?
65. @lettyp1 Ooops, I nearly missed this one off, and it’s such a good ‘un too.
66. @richlieu_uk-sorry it took so long Not as long as I took finding it!
67. @wombat37 Look! I made Ted Glenn’s head explode off his shoulders! Awesome ha ha ha ha! (not enough blood, Wombat)