Spam and Port Wine
So called because it reminds me of one of my favourite films. Ah, Susan George……
- Bunch of spring onions
- A dod of butter
- Some mushrooms
- SPAM (hurray!) sliced thickly
- A big old slosh of port
- Couple of teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Carrot & Courgette “ribbons”
OK, grab your utensils firmly-
- Roughly chop the spring onions and cook in the butter in a biggish frying pan until just turning “golden” (i.e. brown).
- Add the mushrooms, and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes. Remove mushrooms and onions into a temporary bowl. No, I mean a bowl to hold them temporarily, not some sort of existential alternative universe bowl that keeps blinking out of existence.
- Fry the SPAM (hurray!) until browned on both sides, then pour the port over it and add the mustard. Slosh it about a bit, and chuck the mushrooms and onions back in from the existential bowl. Make sure the veg is heated well.
- Serve it however you want, but I like a veg pile with SPAM (hurray!) atop. It’s nice with carrot and courgette ribbons, which you can make easily with a peeler.
- Gerrit down yer gob.